Wednesday 16 August 2006

TYPHOON!

Typhoon? More like ty-fun! No really, there's a typhoon warning in effect. I've haphazardly searched the English language Japanese dailies for information, but all I found was a warning of heavy rains, swollen rivers and landslides in Kyushu and Shikoku. Yesterday afternoon all my office was abuzz with typhoon warnings; they even printed out a diagram of my house to show me exactly where the storm shutters are located, with precise instructions of how to slide them over my windows. This morning every television station had extensive typhoon coverage. I put out the shutters this morning before work, so my little house is a shroud of darkness with no natural light coming in. I'm pretty excited with this being my first ever typhoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh this natural disaster is much more exciting than a boring snow storm that we would have. keep us updated and take pictures! hope you brought a gore-tex... haha. xox