Monday 30 July 2007

I started writing a post about the typhoon that hit us a couple of weekends ago, but rereading it confirmed the fact that the post sucked. Basically: there was talk of a massive typhoon over the long weekend; my town's super awesome festival was canceled; I hung out in Sendai with some other ALTs whose ferry to the surfing island was canceled; the typhoon was a huge letdown. Seriously, it was sunnier on the Saturday than it had been for the previous month. Although a couple of people did die in other parts of the Ken, so I shouldn't complain.

Anyways, it is now summer vacation! It has been since the 21st. I saw the latest Harry Potter movie, which was awesome, read the latest Harry Potter book, which was even more awesome, watched my elementary school kids take part in a town swim meet, and froze sitting in my desk at the office. Tomorrow I head to Tokyo for a few days, to say goodbye to my good friend Claire who is returning home via India. Then I make my way to Sapporo where I will study Japanese and eat fish and enjoy the mild summer weather. I will be back on the 21st.

No comments: