Tuesday 18 December 2007

Iyaaaa...

First off, apologies for not updating in over two months. Not much but a lot has happened. I will keep this short since I can't write a lot and I should be sleeping now anyways.

1. My town is no longer. On December 1st, Chiran officially amalgamated with two neighbouring towns, Kawanabe and Ei into Minami Kyushu Shi. The Board of Education has moved from originally in the annex of city hall to the third floor of the town library to a dusty corner in the busy main room. Everyone who was in the office when I first moved here is now either in the main branch in Kawanabe or in a different section. I don't really like it since I'm stubborn against change but since I only am there a few hours a week I can't complain.

2. I can't remember. Over the last few months there have been several festivals and activities that I have taken part it. My school had their Culture Day Festival. Kagoshima City had the Ohara Festival. I went to dragon boats on the southern end of the other peninsula, though I didn't actually race. I went to an open-mike benefit for an orphanage Christmas party. I went to the orphanage Christmas party. I went to Fukuoka to take the JLPT - Japanese Language Proficiency test. I'm pretty sure I failed said test, but I got to go to Fukuoka and see friends I hadn't seen in a while. My friend Tim came to visit from Hyogo Prefecture. And throughout I continued with work.

3. Weather. How could I not talk about the weather? It's gotten cold, but I'm better prepared for it this year. I turned on my electric carpet at the end of November and sleeping is a dream. The office bought me a kotatsu cord and I bought some blankets so I often fall asleep under it. A kotatsu is basically a table with an electric heater under it. The top comes off and you put a comforter underneath it, turn the thing on and sit and keep warm. It's nice, although like all my heating equipments here, seems to be a pretty big fire hazard. Ha! Just kidding Papa!

Okay, now I must go to sleep. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here's my novel:
Out and About

No comments: