Thursday 14 February 2008

Well, it's mid-February and winter is closer to its end than its beginning. Which is awesome, because winter in general sucks, although this year hasn't seemed nearly as bad as last year. Maybe because I'm used to it, maybe because I always wear 5 layers, or maybe because I never leave my kotatsu, but I kind of like it. Of course, my house doesn't, as I use the winter as an excuse to live like a freshman frat boy, with garbage and clothes in places that they shouldn't be. Spring cleaning, bring it!

Since December, I went to Indonesia and came back. There's not much else to say, and I don't know if that says more about me or about Indonesia. It took a couple of weeks to readjust to work and life. Those weeks cemented my decision not to stay here another year, although ever since I handed in my papers I've been experiencing pangs of nostalgia without having left yet. In my usual way of dealing with it, I've been eating a lot of Japanese food (mmmm niku-udon, mmm okonomiyaki, mmm school lunch) and watching a lot of Japanese television. Well, although my Jgo has improved a ton, I'm hardly fluent so I tend to watch Japanese doramas that I download from the internet with English subtitles. Mostly shojou manga-based ones, since I'm really a 12 year old girl at heart. And they're all awesome. I love Japanese television. Doramas are great because unlike their American one hour drama equivalent, they have a definite short runtime. Usually no more then 12 episodes, there are four seasons a year. Yay lots of TV, yay lack of long term attention span!

No comments: